Common Diseases in Dogs
What diseases affect dogs most commonly?
Dogs can be affected by many diseases but the most common can be divided into groups:
- Digestive disease like vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Respiratory disease like coughing and sneezing.
- Heart disease especially older dogs.
- Joint disease including lameness or broken bones.
- Skin disease like itching and baldness.
- Dental disease including sore gums, loose teeth or bad breath.
- Viral diseases like parvovirus and distemper that can be prevented by vaccination.
- Internal disorders like liver or kidney disease.
If you are worried about your dog’s health, visit the Petfix DIY Triage Checker or talk to your vet as soon as possible.