Common Diseases in Dogs
What diseases affect dogs most commonly?
Dogs can be affected by many diseases but the most common can be divided into groups:
- Digestive disease like vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Respiratory disease like coughing and sneezing.
- Heart disease especially older dogs.
- Joint disease including lameness or broken bones.
- Skin disease like itching and baldness.
- Dental disease including sore gums, loose teeth or bad breath.
- Viral diseases like parvovirus and distemper that can be prevented by vaccination.
- Internal disorders like liver or kidney disease.
If you are worried about your dog’s health, visit the Petfix DIY Triage Checker or talk to your vet as soon as possible.
If you are worried about your pet's health, visit the Petfix DIY Triage Checker or Ask a Vet. If it is urgent take your pet to your vet immediately.