What size is a Golden Retriever?
|Female dog||Between 20 and 22 inches|
|Male dog||Between 22 and 24 inches|
|Female dog||Between 53 and 62 lb|
|Male dog||Between 62 and 71 lb|
How much exercise does a Golden Retriever need?
The Golden Retriever needs long daily walks combined with other exercise such as play sessions or swimming.
Golden Retrievers hair is mid-length. They have a double coat of thick wavy silky hair. Their coat can be any shade of yellow, ranging from cream to dark gold. They shed lightly throughout the year. Daily brushing is important as it helps to get rid of all of your dog’s loose hair.
What type of personality does a Goldie have?
The good character of the Goldie is recognised and appreciated all over the world. Affectionate and sociable towards everyone, they are the perfect companion.
What is the lifespan of a Golden Retriever?
The lifespan of this dog can be up to 12 years.
Common health issues in Golden Retrievers include:
- Predispositions to cancers (hemangiosarcoma, lymphoma, osteosarcoma, localized mastocytoma)
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Progressive retinal atrophy/Degeneration Ocular Allergies
- Ear infections
- Skin diseases (dermatitis, vitiligo, furunculosis, folliculitis, ichthyosis)
- Hepatitis by copper toxicosis
- Risk of “broken tail” if the tail is not dried well after water contact
How do I know I am picking the right Golden Retriever puppy?
You should use our Puppy Adoption Checklist to ensure you are covering all of the basics.
How do I house train my Golden Retriever?
Do Golden Retrievers smell bad?
They can have bad doggy odor from time to time. Be sure to keep them clean, and groomed.