National Dress Your Pet Day
Yesterday was National Dress Your Pet Day, and we wanted to share some of our favourite photos from the Petfix Club team and our members!
We believe that it’s fine to dress up your pet as long as they are enjoying the experience. And it’s important to remember that you are doing this for yourself, not for your pet.
Pets aren’t aware of what they look like, and it is not something that they are concerned about, at all. However, it may be true that some pets do enjoy being the centre of attention, and they can learn to link this with dressing up. And it is also true that photographs of pets are a unique way of celebrating the animals, and sharing our love for our pets.
With these provisos, here are some tips to make the most of enjoying #NationalDressYourPet day
- You may put clothing on bald animals or animals with little/no fur, as these pets may enjoy warm clothing in the cold weather
- Don’t put clothing on pets with long or dense coats in hot weather: their fur keeps them warm enough and there is a risk of them overheating
- Make sure to provide pets with water so they do not overheat when wearing clothing and are kept hydrated
- Do not leave the clothes on for too long as they may get uncomfortable
- Make sure the clothes are not too tight!