Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Canine NF Renal Function is a complete veterinary diet for dogs with chronic kidney disease.
PPVD NF contains restricted amounts of phosphorus as this mineral can build up in kidney patients and has been shown to contribute to the progression of the condition.
The benefits of Purina Renal Function Food for your dog
- Contains limited amounts of high quality protein to help reduce the build-up of toxins, while helping to maintain muscle mass.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help maximise the natural anti-inflammatory processes and reduce blood pressure inside the kidney
- Low in purines, and with moderate level of sulphur amino acids and urine alkalising properties it can also help to reduce formation of urate and cystine stones
- Helps to slow down the progression of disease and reduce the severity of the symptoms
Note that PPVD NF is not suitable for dogs that require a high protein/phosphorus diet diet such as pregnant bitches or growing puppies.
Maize*, rice*, dried egg*, dried whey*, animal fat, sugar, digest*, dried beet pulp*, minerals, soya oil, fish oil.
* Protein sources. Urine alkalising substance: calcium carbonate.
Purina Veterinary diet foods have been specially selected by Pete ‘the Vet’ Wedderburn and his team as part of a high-quality range of products for the Petfix Store.
Protein 13.0%, fat content 14.5%, crude ash 4.5%, crude fibres 2.0%, calcium 0.75 %, phosphorus 0.4 %, sodium 0.2 %, potassium 0.8 %, omega 3 fatty acids 0.4 %, omega 6 fatty acids 2.5 %, EPA and DHA 0.22%, total sulphur amino acids 0.67 %, chlorides: 0.66%, sulphur 0.21%, purines 0.06%
Additives per kg:
Nutritional additives: Vitamin A 30000 IU, vitamin D3 1000 IU, vitamin E 350 IU, ferrous sulphate monohydrate 315mg, calcium iodate anhydrous 4mg, cupric sulphate pentahydrate 60mg, manganous sulphate monohydrate 130mg, zinc sulphate monohydrate 530mg, sodium selenite 0.37mg.